Vivid Computers has been operating since 1994 and aims to be a one-stop provider for our customers when it comes to all their Information Technology requirements.
Our range of products and services includes:
Computer Equipment and Peripheral sales:
- Custom computer builds – built to your exact requirements with quality components. We offer a three year warranty as standard on all custom built desktop computer systems.
- Notebook computer systems – Laptop/Notebook machines from all the leading brands – HP, Lenovo, Acer, Asus, Toshiba
- Servers – We prefer servers from HP Enterprise
- Computer peripherals and accessories – External hard drives, screens, keyboards, mice, projectors, wireless access points, routers, switches, web-cams, printers, multifunction devices
- Consumable items – toner and ink
- Computer repairs – damaged LCD screens on Laptops / Notebooks, Hard disk replacements, operating system reinstalls, virus and malware removals
- Computer upgrades – RAM, Hard Disks, HDD to SSD conversions, operating system upgrades
- Software related – software upgrades, software problems, assistance with software, supply and installation of antivirus / firewall software
- Networking – server setup, maintenance, backup setup, Exchange and SQL server configuration and maintenance
- Monitoring of your systems – monitoring servers to ensure they stay up all the time, monitoring antivirus software status, Windows Updates required, hardware issues eg Hard disk faults, machines overheating, fans slowing down or not running at all, running out of hard disk space, software installed by users which could cause problems
- Proactive support – scheduled updates of software, disk cleanups and other preventative maintenance
- Remote support – saves you time and money and speeds up the resolution of any issues
- Checking your backups are working properly.
Software and Web Development:
- Development of web based applications
- Website development – using content management systems such as WordPress for everything from basic brochure style websites to comprehensive e-commerce online shopping sites
- Development and modifications to your existing website whether or not hosted by us
Website and application hosting:
- Hosting of LAMP (Linux / Apache / mySQL / PHP) based websites
- Hosting of static websites
- Hosting of ASP.NET / MS-SQL based websites
- Virtual Machine hosting
- Review of your current IT systems with recommendations on improvements
- Advice on equipment or software selection
- Dealing with existing technology providers to ensure they can’t bamboozle you with technical terms or fob you off when trying to resolve issues.
Email, Domain name hosting, Software-As-A-Service:
- Domain name registrations for .nz, .com, .net, .au, .uk and most other types of domain names
- DNS Hosting
- Email hosting – either using POP or IMAP accounts
- Email hosting – using Office 365 / Hosted Exchange
- Office 365 plans for business
- Authorised reseller for: ESET / NOD32 Antivirus, Kaspersky
- Backup solutions for on site / cloud based or hybrid based systems
Benefits of dealing with Vivid:
- Wide skill base – our qualified staff have a wide range of skills right from hardware, software, network and connectivity issues, web and software development. Our staff spends a considerable amount of time keeping up with the ever-changing IT scene.
- Flexible and responsive approach – We are able to respond quickly and have ability to come up with an approach to solve most issues in the most cost effective manner possible without compromising quality
- Vendor independence – we can source and supply just about any brand of equipment and we are not motivated by which brand makes us the most money, rather by which equipment will do the best job and provide the best overall value for money for our clients. We have extensive experience and know which brands and models of equipment have the best reliability.
- Reasonably priced yet reliable – we believe our pricing is very reasonable given the extent of our skill and knowledge base. Whilst we are not the cheapest in the market the old adage “You get what you pay for” is quite relevant in the IT industry. We often see the results of other providers work which hasn’t been done properly.
- Friendly approach – our staff are used to dealing with people from every level of computer skills (right from barely able to turn the computer on, to people who know as much as we do), so we know there is no question which is too stupid and feel your staff should not be too scared to call us for fear of sounding dumb.
- Small, stable team – most of our core tech support team have worked for us for over 5 years.
- Experience – we have extensive experience designing and implementing solutions and ongoing support for small businesses and non profit organisations.
- Availability of other resources – we have developed a network of extra resources and reliable subcontractors in specialist areas that we can call upon to assist on projects as needed.